Exterior Louver Systems
Exterior window covering systems are available in two styles – Louvers and Roller Shades.
But regardless of type, these products are well-suited for applications where heat gain and glare are major concerns. By locating the sun screening system outside and keeping the heat from entering a building, these systems are better at limiting heat gain inside the building than the same type of system located on the interior of the building, which typically tries to trap the heat between the window and the window covering system.
And while both Louver Systems and Roller Shade Systems have many similarities, they are very different in their functionality and style.
We understand what makes these systems ideal candidates for sun and heat control. We know sun and wind sensors are an integral part of these types of systems. Our extensive experience with the most complicated types of exterior systems allows Iris Window Coverings to provide architectural solutions to the most challenging problems.
Exterior Louver Systems are designed for a wide range of applications, both commercial and residential, and combine sun shading with modern design.
Exterior Louvers feature a contemporary and stylish motif which suits any situation or decor, offering a wide range of benefits for an indefinite amount of time.
These louver systems do not look out of place on any building. And by keeping any heat gain outside of the building envelope, significant cost savings in heating/cooling are achieved.
- Available Motorized or Manual (although most often motorized).
- Motorized shades can be controlled by Building Management Systems, Home Automation Controllers, simple switches or wireless remote control
- Can significantly reduce the amount of heat gain entering the building by preventing the sun's rays from reaching the glass.
- Greater protection from solar heat gain can be achieved by automation of the louver system to ensure optimum levels of shading at all times.
- Corrosion-proof and can withstand the most extreme weather conditions.
- Anodized finish available.
- Extensive choice of colors for both slats and guide rails
- Reflective coatings and Perforated slat material are offered
- Wide range of slat sizes and styles
- Virtually maintenance-free
- All Louvered Systems meet the ANSI Standard for child safety